The Sukin Journal
Discover the world of natural through our eyes! From skincare tips, lifestyle and environmental hacks to inspirational interviews! Explore it all.
Extend the Life of Your Hair Color, Naturally
Any gal with bright blonde hair can tell you that maintaining vibrant hair does not come easy! After spending hours in the salon it seems as if almost everything is ready and willing to strip away that expensive hair color. But there is hope! Despite what you may have heard, it isn’t about how frequently you re-color your hair, but rather how you maintain your hair in-between salon visits. So if you’re looking for new ways to extend your hair color, you’re in luck! We put together a list of hair hacks to help:
- Avoid washing your hair daily- Shampoo is designed to remove oils and dirt, but it can also strip the color out of your hair. We recommend using Sukin Color Care Shampoo two to three times per week to gently cleanse your hair.
- Minimize the use of hot hair tools- While you may be tempted to crank up the heat on your hair tools, use caution! Although your hot tools can give you that flawless hair look, those same tools can open the hair cuticle and cause your hair dye to fall out and fade. We highly recommend using heat protector spray when using styling tools.
- Stick to ‘for Color-Treated’ Hair Products- Since regular styling products can contain harsh detergents or alcohols, we recommend purchasing products that are designed for colored hair and will lock in your color, as well as add shine. Sukin Color Care Conditioner is infused with a moisturizing blend of Macadamia Oil and Kakadu Plum Extract to smooth hair, control frizz, and restore shine. This unique formula also features Quinoa to help keep colored hair vibrant for longer.
- Hair Masks- There are so many different hair masks out there, many can be very moisturizing and leave your hair silky smooth. Hair masks that are hydrating are amazing at locking in your hair color. Using hair masks regularly will smooth the cuticle and allow the color to give off a better deposit. Sukin Color Care Hair Mask is specially designed to restore shine to your hair while an infusion of Quinoa prevents color from fading.
- Keep it Cool- Did you know that hot water can damage your hair? After shampooing and conditioning, be sure to give your hair a good rinse with some cold water. The cool temperature will seal up the hair’s cuticle and give you that beautiful glossy look.