What vitamins actually do for your skin
Your essential guide to vitamins and skincare
A healthier you starts with your body’s largest organ - your skin. Stretching from head to toe, your skin is your first line of defence against the outside world. A vital ingredient in maintaining your body’s defences and your skin’s health is by introducing vitamins into your skincare routine. Vitamins can reduce the appearance of dark spots, redness, wrinkles, rough patches and excessive dryness.
What do vitamins do for our body?
Vitamins are involved in various bodily functions like skin, muscle and bone, the conversion of food into energy and repairing cellular damage. Of course, as most of us know, fruits and vegetables are a great source of vitamins. But did you know that there are also vitamins in targeted skincare products?
Which vitamins are found in skincare?
So, which vitamins can you actually find in skincare products? While you might find skincare ingredients that contain a range of different vitamins, here are some of the most common:
- Vitamin A
- Widely considered one of the most effective skin-care ingredients, Vitamin A serves a protective function by binding to receptors in the skin to help stimulate cell reproduction.
- Vitamin C
- Outside of oranges and boosting your immune system during the flu season, Vitamin C is a crucial ingredient to support collagen production.
- Vitamin E
- This moisturising antioxidant can improve skin hydration by protecting skin-cell membranes from oxidation.
Which skincare products have the vitamins my skin needs?
Here at Sukin, we pride ourselves on using plant-based ingredients rich in vitamins and minerals. You can find vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E throughout our skin, hair and body ranges. Check out our handy Ingredients Glossary to learn more about the natural ingredients we use.
But if you don’t know where to start, here are some of our favourite vitamin-rich skincare products you could include in your daily skincare routine.
- Brightening Range: Sukin’s new Brightening range contains Australian native Kakadu Plum, which is packed with Vitamin C to help brighten and even skin tone. In fact, 91% of the Sukin Squad in our trials saw an improvement in the overall appearance and condition of their skin after using our Brightening range.
- Purely Ageless Hydration Elixir: You can reduce the appearance of surface wrinkles by up to 50% in just 14 days with the Crambe Oil and Paracress Extract in our Purely Ageless Hydration Elixir. It delivers immediate hydration to tired skin, and it's also packed with Vitamin E!
Vitamins are an essential part of your skin health, and these are just a few of the Sukin products that are rich in the vitamins your skin will love.
Plus, everything Sukin makes is vegan and cruelty-free, and sourced sustainably!